The 145th Annual Meeting of the American Fisheries Society will be held in Portland, Oregon, a city with a long fishing history and now the regional center for efforts to restore the great fish runs of the Columbia River. Exhibiting your company’s products and services at this important industry event will give you added visibility to an expected attendance of over 3,000 fisheries and aquaculture scientists, administrators, educators, consultants, agency directors, along with representatives of Native American Tribes and marine and freshwater fishing industries.
Meeting sessions, events, and the trade show will take place at Portland’s Oregon Convention Center (www.oregoncc.org) within a short walk of the Willamette River. The exhibit hall is conveniently located for optimal trade booth exposure and socializing with clients.
Why Portland 2015?
- Target Audience: Over 3,000 fisheries professionals from around the world are expected at Portland 2015, the premier fisheries conference of the year! Market your products and services to new and existing clients. Benefit from a diverse clientele as well as a diverse group of exhibitors.
- Exposure: The Trade Show and Poster sessions will be held in the Exhibit Hall giving attendees, presenters, and exhibitors a chance to interact, exchange information, and network – all in one location. The Trade Show Reception, a mixer on the first evening of the Trade Show, provides an ideal opportunity for casual introductions and informal networking.
- Complimentary Registration: Two full complimentary conference registrations are available with each booth. This will allow your personnel to attend all conference sessions and functions, interact with attendees outside the Exhibit Hall, and gain information on industry issues.
- Join a Diverse Trade Show:
Trade show vendors and participants typically include federal and state fisheries agencies; and companies providing boats, aquaculture supplies, consulting services, computer and software applications, digital fish-measuring equipment, fish tagging and tracking equipment, hydro acoustic systems, water quality monitoring and filtration systems, aeration systems, and many more goods and services with relevance to fisheries research and management. Vendors benefit from the diverse audience attracted to the trade show.
We Are Responding to Your Feedback!
Trade Show Committee members attended the 2014 AFS Quebec City Annual Meeting to discuss vendor ideas for maximizing the vendor experience at Portland 2015. Concepts under development include:
- Extended refreshment breaks to increase interaction between vendors and attendees.
- Cyber Café and Wi-Fi access in the Exhibit Hall.
- Silent auction at the front of the Exhibit Hall to promote vendor exposure.
- Vendors will be advertised in the June issue of Fisheries, the monthly publication of the American Fisheries Society.
- Excluding loud activities that distract from vendor-attendee interaction.
Trade Show Logistics
AFS Services: Take advantage of our services to ensure that your trade show experience is a success! The AFS Trade Show Committee will help you with the organization and execution of your trade show booth. Viper will also assist vendors during the event. We are happy to assist you, just ask!
Location and Lodging
The Western Division of the American Fisheries Society and the Oregon Chapter of the American Fisheries Society are hosting the Portland 2015 Annual Meeting.
Contact Information for the Trade Show:
Phone: (301) 897-8616 ex 230
Trade Booth Configuration
- One 10 x 10 space
- Ten-foot (10’) back drape and three-foot (3′) side drape
- One eight-foot (8′) table two chairs, one wastebasket and a sign.
- Full price booths include:
- Two full conference registrations (additional personnel must purchase full-registration)
- Non-profit booths include:
- Two free exhibitor-only badges
AFS Tech Workshops
Exhibitors can present a workshop featuring new products and technological advancements from their company. The fee is $1,600 per workshop. Please contact Beverly Pike at below email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Show Rates
|AFS “Member” Firm*:||$1,800 per booth|
|AFS Nonmember Firm:||$1,950 per booth|
|Crafters:||$450 per booth|
|Non Profit (Government approved non-profit):||$650 per booth|
|Boat Display:||$500 w/Booth PurchaseMulti-boat discount available|
*To qualify for member rate, the exhibiting company must hold a Sustaining, Official, or Associate Membership with AFS. For membership information visit: fisheries.org/membership
Trade Show Schedule
Sunday, August 16
2:00 pm–6:00 pm Exhibit move-in
Monday, August 17
9:00 am–11:00 am Exhibit move-in
11:30 am–8:30 pm Exhibits open
3:10 am–3:40 pm Coffee Break
6:00 pm–8:30 pm AFS Trade Show Reception
Tuesday, August 18
9:00 am–6:00 pm Exhibits open
10:00 am–10:30 am Coffee Break
3:40 pm – 5:40 pm Student events (Career Fair and Speed Mentoring events)
Wednesday, August 19
9:00 am–2:00 pm Exhibits open
10:00 am–10:30 am Coffee Break
2:00 pm–5:00 pm Exhibit dismantle
We hope you will join AFS for the 145th Annual Meeting August 16 to 20, 2015 in Portland, Oregon. The Annual Meeting will offer exhibitors the opportunity to reconnect with clients and colleagues, network, and showcase their products and services. Join us and bring your expertise to Portland!